Are you interested in running away with the circus? View these current employment opportunities at Circus Flora.
Circus Flora seeks an individual to develop, implement and execute marketing and communications plans for this 30-year old professional Circus. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate all marketing, PR, advertising, and creative activities, lead market research efforts to enhance the viability of current and new marketing approaches in order to retain existing customers and attract new audiences. Looking for someone who can develop effective pricing strategies to maximize revenue and manage marketing, advertising, and public relations budgets effectively for results and profitability.
This position is tasked to develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Responsible for effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of Circus Flora while taking steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of the Circus through targeted goals and objectives.
- Plan marketing and branding objectives.
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside Executive Director and staff.
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Work with Executive Director to prepare and adhere to budgets.
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing materials.
- Work with creative contractors to design print ads and publications.
- Ensure brand messages are consistent.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the Circus and growth of market share.
- Engage consumers on social media.
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Lead all areas of content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Take calculated risks based on data-driven analytics.
- Drive overall CRM and direct marketing.
- Work with ED and Director of Development to develop strategic partnerships within the community.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional partners and activities
- conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future audiences
- Perform analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Explore expansion and development marketing platforms while continuously working to monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Liaise with media and advertising
- Collaborate with the box office manager and group sales contractor to ensure marketing activities support their needs
Experience and Key Competencies
- Clear understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills combined with the ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Proven budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc. and the analytical skillset to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualifications and experience
- Proven practice with all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies
- Technical marketing skills
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Experience with relevant software applications
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Coordinator of Group and School Sales
The Coordinator of Group and School sales is integral to the success of our evolving sales program. Circus Flora has an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong customer service and sales experience to join its team as Coordinator of Group and School Sales. Reporting to the Executive Director, the part-time position will handle all group sales, with the goal of increasing group sales revenue. Candidates should possess a strong sales drive and have excellent multi-tasking, communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player, must be committed to maintaining a superior level of customer service at all times and must be detail-oriented, customer-focused and results-driven. Candidate will work closely with Ticket Services and Marketing to identify and maximize group ticket sales opportunities. Duties will include managing group sale campaigns and administration in addition to:
- Developing and sustaining group patron relationships to meet annual group sales goals
- Maintaining and expanding group sales by developing and implementing sales strategies for key group markets (tour operators, camps, corporations, schools, etc.)
- Working in collaboration with the manager of marketing and communications, manager of ticket sales and audience services, and director of development to ensure the variety of experience through all CF programs are clearly and consistently communicated to group patrons
- Establishing annual expense and revenue goals in conjunction with the executive director and the manager of ticket sales and audience services.
- Creating and fostering relationships with new and current groups
- Generating database analysis of past season group buying trends
- Assisting in creating group sale direct mail and digital advertising/marketing materials
- Researching opportunities in tourism and the group sales market
- Assisting in addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Leading occasional Group and VIP tours of the Big Top and Backlot
- Generating mailing lists from ticketing software system
- Coordinating and running annual Group Sales Event for area group leaders
- Developing relationships and sales opportunities with outside vendors and neighborhood partners
- Additional duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous sales, administrative and customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years’ relevant experience
- Motivated, pro-active and self-directed
- At least 1 year of previous box office/group sales experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Understanding of ticketing and general accounting practices
- Ability to coordinate events with multiple departments
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Knowledge of group potential within the St. Louis geographic area
- Computer proficiency a must (MS Word, Excel, Gmail)
Work schedule follows performance needs, but is negotiable. Compensation based on experience.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org